University of Georgia
Whether you're a veteran gardener or just taking it up, there's a lot to learn out there. Fortunately, University of Georgia horticulturists will gladly share their expertise in the Horticulture Short Course in Griffin, Ga., this month.
The short course will cover many topics on home gardens and landscapes. It will run from 1 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays April 17, 19, 24 and 26 at Stuckey Auditorium on the UGA Griffin, Ga., campus.
UGA horticulturist Bob Westerfield will coordinate the program. In the classes, you'll learn how to:
- Select the best, proven shrubs and trees.
- Plant, fertilize, prune and maintain landscape plants.<
- Troubleshoot landscape problems.
- Use native plants.
- Drought-proof your landscape.
- Control garden and landscape weeds.
- Start and maintain a home vegetable garden.
A $95 fee will cover all handouts and breaks. To register or learn more about the course, call (770) 229-3477 or e-mail email@example.com.